Monday, April 29, 2013

IEP Rescheduled til August 2013

Due to the fact that I am taking John and Jacob to the UT Boling Center in Memphis this Summer, our local school district has suggested waiting until we receive any diagnosis and/or recommendations for them.  I concur.  Let's not put the cart before the horse.  In the meantime, my husband and I are requesting that the school district hold John back in Kindergarten to learn the proper skills for reading and writing.  He was not making the proper amount of progress and not being as challenged at the last school district.  I am requesting a seasoned teacher that is compassionate towards young children and skilled in how to teach reading/language skills.  My children will continue to receive comparable speech/ot services for the remainder of the school year, as well as the beginning of the new school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment